By David C Lee,Michael L. Webb
This publication concentrates at the analytical facets of drug improvement and manufacture, targeting the research of the energetic element or drug substance. It presents these becoming a member of the or different parts of pharmaceutical examine with a resource of connection with a huge diversity of options and their purposes, permitting them to pick out the main acceptable analytical process for a selected purpose.
the quantity is directed at analytical chemists, commercial pharmacists, natural chemists, pharmaceutical chemists and biochemists.
--This textual content refers back to the Hardcover edition.
By Reinhard Matissek,Gabriele Steiner,Markus Fischer
By Reiner Westermeier
The textual content is geared in the direction of complicated scholars and execs and comprises prolonged historical past sections, protocols and a trouble-shooting part. it's now additionally subsidized by way of a supplementary site offering all of the figures for instructing reasons, in addition to a range of lively figures verified in lots of workshops to provide an explanation for the underlying ideas of the several electrophoretic methods.
By Shimshon Belkin,Man Bock Gu
- functions of Microbial mobile Sensors, through Mifumi Shimomura-Shimizu and Isao Karube
- Whole-Cell Bioreporters for the Detection of Bioavailable Metals, via Anu Hynninen and Marko Virta
- Bacteriophage-Based Pathogen Detection, by way of Steven Ripp
- Cell-Based Genotoxicity checking out, by way of Georg Reifferscheid and Sebastian Buchinger
- Cytotoxicity and Genotoxicity Reporter structures according to using Mammalian Cells, by means of Christa Baumstark-Khan, Christine E. Hellweg, and Günther Reitz
- reside mobilephone Optical Sensing for top Throughput purposes, through Ye Fang
- Cyanobacterial Bioreporters as Sensors of Nutrient Availability, by way of George S. Bullerjahn, Ramakrishna Boyanapalli, Mark J. Rozmarynowycz, and R. Michael L. McKay
- software of Microbial Bioreporters in Environmental Microbiology and Bioremediation, through E. E. Diplock , H. A. Alhadrami , and G. I. Paton
By Wilson George S et al,George S Wilson
This new quantity files the transition from the improvement of electrochemical tracking of mind functionality, now greater than forty years previous, to basic neuroscience. This comprises the hyperlinks of molecular neuroscience to biobehavior, to a molecular realizing of neurologically-linked illnesses and to the research of neuroactive molecules made attainable by way of new detection technique. This paintings might be of curiosity to a large viewers, particularly those people who are engaged in neuroscience study, for instance in drug discovery, yet will not be acquainted with electrochemical methodology.
By Kevin Robards,P. E. Jackson,Paul A. Haddad
By Heinrich Waldhoff,Rudiger Spilker
By David M. Whitacre
By Christine M. Mahoney
Explores the effect of the newest breakthroughs in cluster SIMS technology
Cluster secondary ion mass spectrometry (SIMS) is a excessive spatial answer imaging mass spectrometry process, which might be used to represent the third-dimensional chemical constitution in advanced natural and molecular platforms. it really works through the use of a cluster ion resource to sputter desorb fabric from a superior pattern floor. ahead of the appearance of the cluster resource, SIMS used to be significantly constrained in its skill to represent smooth samples due to harm from the atomic resource. Molecular samples have been primarily destroyed in the course of research, proscribing the method's sensitivity and precluding compositional intensity profiling. using new and rising cluster ion beam applied sciences has all yet eradicated those boundaries, permitting researchers to go into into new fields as soon as thought of inconceivable by means of the SIMS method.
With contributions from prime mass spectrometry researchers worldwide, Cluster Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry: rules and Applications describes the newest breakthroughs in instrumentation, and addresses top practices in cluster SIMS research. It serves as a compendium of data on natural and polymeric floor and in-depth characterization utilizing cluster ion beams. It covers themes starting from the basics and idea of cluster SIMS, to the real chemistries at the back of the luck of the method, in addition to the wide-ranging functions of the expertise. Examples of topics lined include:
- Cluster SIMS idea and modeling
- Cluster ion resource forms and function expectations
- Cluster ion beams for floor research experiments
- Molecular intensity profiling and 3D research with cluster ion beams
- Specialty functions starting from organic samples research to semiconductors/metals analysis
- Future demanding situations and clients for cluster SIMS
This ebook is meant to profit any scientist, starting from commencing to complex in point, with lots of figures to assist higher comprehend complicated techniques and techniques. additionally, each one bankruptcy ends with an in depth reference set to the first literature, facilitating additional learn into person themes the place wanted. Cluster Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry: ideas and Applications is a must have learn for any researcher within the floor research and/or imaging mass spectrometry fields.
By J.R. Dean